On July 24, 2020 CMS released a SNF QRP COVID-19 Tip Sheet. Here’s what you need to know:
- Starting on July 1, 2020, SNFs are expected to resume timely quality data collection and submission of measure and patient assessment data for the MDS/RAI.
- Specific quarters requiring reporting of data for the QRP program for CYs 2019 and 2020 are listed below:October 1, 2019–
- December 31, 2019 (Q4 2019)
- January 1, 2020–March 31, 2020 (Q1 2020)
- April 1, 2020–June 30, 2020 (Q2 2020)
- The MDS should be submitted for all new admission records and discharge records that occur on or after July 1, 2020.
- Timely submission and acceptance requirements of MDS data to meet the 80-percent threshold are unchanged. SNFs are required to submit at least 80 percent of the necessary data to calculate the SNF QRP quality measures.
- Before QM data is publicly reported on Nursing Home Compare, SNFs have the opportunity to review and correct and/or preview their data. A quarterly Provider Preview Report can be accessed via the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER) application which is accessible from a SNF’s “Welcome to the CMS QIES Systems for Providers” page. Full instructions are available here.
Did You Know?
As part of the HTS Partner Plus Program you get access to multiple MDS specialists and nursing consultants to assure your coding is accurate which not only impacts PDPM reimbursement but also QRP? Contact HTS Director of Clinical Outcomes today for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.